Thursday, March 27, 2014

Busy making Accessories for my market stall

I have been sewing and sewing making handbags, clutches for my market stall which will be open every Sunday here in Galway in the St Nicolas market.
So far this blue velvet and woven Ikat tote bag is my favorite. It took me nearly a week to make and I hand-stitched it together too. Its made with my Indigo Stag Forest print cotton velvet fabric so beautiful and totally wearable as its a furnishing velvet.
This Ikat fabric was a gift from a friend and I love it the colors are gorgeous it glows!

I'm using up my precious stash of vintage as lining and handles to complement my original fabrics. This over sized beach tote bag is a sublime sky blue ombre. It has the cutest bluebell spring vintage fabric lining with a pocket inside.  Massive enough to fit a laptop or your beach gear with lovely long straps so you can easily swing it about to carry your shopping.
I have began making small purses and bags, this Irish Ghost Estates Marin mix bag is lined with Irish Linen and features a gorgeous aloha vintage fabric handle.


All are available to buy in my etsy shop  https://www.etsy.com/shop/MariposaTextiles
I can make any of these bags in the print of your choice x Tara

No comments:

Post a Comment