Sunday, July 10, 2011

Mariposa Designs Up Up and Away!

Woop! Woop! Its summer and things are finally starting to come together.   My pieces are going to be sold in Public Romance, the fabulous vintage shop here in Galway.  I'm bringing the first batch into the shop on Tuesday.  Sinead is going to have a hat extravaganza in store for the next two weeks in honor of the upcoming Galway Races.  Hopefully a few of my pieces will sell, I'm suffering from a combo of nerves, worries and excitement, its scary putting your work out there!


I am making headpieces, headbands, brooches, necklaces and I have even made earrings, all of my pieces are unique and one of a kind. Handmade with my own design original fabrics, vintage fabrics, vintage beads and buttons, and ribbon.  I have collected vintage fabrics bits and bobs for years which help to make the pieces even more special when combined with fabrics which I printed by hand with my own original designs.
  I cant wait to see them in the shop, I was in there yesterday and I bought the most amazing vintage dress for 20 euro Bargain! There are so many beautiful dresses on the racks to suit all shapes sizes and styles. I had a hard time choosing what to buy, I'm actually thinking of going back again later to buy another dress which I convinced myself I didnt want but I know now I must have it!
   If you have not been into Public Romance before you have to check it out its on Abbeygate Street here in Galway across the road from Sally Longs Pub. Next week it will be hat paradise so if your heading to a wedding or the Galway races pop in to the shop. You could buy your whole entire look, dress, silk scarf, hat, and jewelery in the shop. Every piece you buy in Public Romance will be unique this is the brillant thing about buying vintage and handmade. Plus fingers crossed you might even pull off best dressed with one of my lovely pieces!

http://www.publicromance.com/ or check out the facebook for news and updates about new stock and exciting events http://www.facebook.com/pages/Public-Romance/196521403700625?ref=mf

1 comment: